Thursday, January 20, 2011

happy birthday to me :)

Friday's my 32nd birthday! The kids were disappointed to learn that Mama didn't want a birthday cake this year (it's just not worth the points to me, unless it's this flourless chocolate cake, but I can't stop at one serving with that one so I'm not taking any chances!).

So, I made them some cake. A pineapple upside-down cake. And I cut it into little squares, and stuck a square in each of their lunchboxes. I saved slices for after school snacks. And the rest is individually packaged and in the freezer for future lunchbox treats.

Here's Fancy's lunch. Bayberry is also taking lunch, but I didn't photograph it.


Cracker sandwiches filled with cream cheese; a hard-boiled egg; baby carrots with Italian dressing to dip; piece of unbirthday cake. Limeade to drink.

3 comments: